CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I need help!!



Many of you know that I am addicted to treats. The problem is that I usually start the day off eating really healthy and then poof, along comes dinner and I eat WAY too much and have this NEED to eat dessert afterwards.
I really want and need to curb this addiction, but I am not sure how. I have tried a few tactics but failed miserably at them all.
1-) Quit cold turkey. This just left my mouth watering for more and more. Didn't work!
2-) The 2-3 treat a week option. Basically special occasions, etc. With this attempt I would eat a treat and then the next night say, okay I am done for the week. Umm, that is IMPOSSIBLE.
3-) The 3 chocolate chips a night trick. This approach left me wanting to combine my 3 chocolate chips with other delectable delights such as, marshmallows, ice cream...you get the picture.

Some would say that because I am pregnant, I should enjoy my treats while I can. The sad reality to that is that in 2 months I will not be pregnant anymore, but I will still have this addiction.

So, now I am opening the floor to you. Any ideas?

6 comments:

KT said...

I suffer from the same addiction and have gone as far as limiting my sugar consumption for 6 months to only 9 grams of processed sugar a day (ruffly 2 graham crackers) I lost about 5 lbs but still suffered from withdrawls, dreams at night about hording chocolate filled treats, bakeries, candy bars, you name it. Someone has said that by trying to keep your glucose levels even your cravings may go down. Protein seems to really help. Of course I am writing this right now after eating a 3 muskateers bar :) Ty and I are having a contest to see who can loose the most inches/weight in two months and I still can't give up my treats. Instead I put myself through 1 hr of intense exercise to burn off the little candy bar that took me 5 minutes to eat.Something is wrong here. Anyway, if you find a cure, let me know. Otherwise I may be doomed to a lifetime of deprivation and purging :)

estinger said...

Oh GEEZE...you've seen me and lived with me, do you REALLY want my advice??? I say just get fat - it's a lot more fun and tasty!

Laura said...

Enjoy it for another 2 months and then if you nurse, enjoy it then too! No worries.

LaRee said...

call me ion't have your number!

Jami Key said...

Sam, when you are pregenant you just do whatever you feel like. Everything is a freebie until that baby comes out!!!

Cope girls said...

I have the exact same issue, in case you didn't notice in Florida! I was once told by a lady who took my blood and analyzed it on the computer with me, that if you have a lot of yeast in your body you will crave more sugar (sugar makes yeast rise), which creates more yeast and so the cycle escalates. Not sure if it's true, but when I cut out sugar, I crave it less. The problem is, it just tastes too darn good! I have consigned myself to be an addict for life! What can ya do! By the way, sorry about Leila's tonsils, that must have been hard for everyone :( Glad she is feeling better