CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 24, 2008

Labor and Delivery...wait I am only 24 weeks!!!



Yes, it is true. I have had to go to Labor and Delivery 2 times in the last 2 weeks. I have been having contractions....not the little Braxton Hicks, but full on contractions every 3 minutes for a minute a piece.
Trip #1: March 6th. I had been contracting all day, they were progressively getting worse and pretty painful. When I called my OB's office they told me to go straight in. Sure enough, they were as plain as day on the monitors. Luckily, I wasn't dilating. They watched me for a few hours, gave me a shot to stop the contractions and then sent me home with orders to "take it easy"
Trip #2: March 11th. I cleaned my house and about 30 minutes after vacuuming, they started again. Harder this time. Once again I was told to go to L&D. Once again, there they were on the monitor. After a shot of Morphine (apparently a smooth muscle relaxer to relax my uterus) in the rump, I was released with the same orders.
I followed up with my doctor. They don't know why this is happening, but are relieved that I am not dilating. I am now taking it really easy and trying to rest more. Hopefully this little man will stay put for at least 10 more weeks!!! Holy moly.

1 comments:

Nekell said...

Holy cow! What a story... I am glad you are okay. You look great in your Easter pictures. Thanks for forwarding your blog page to us. I put you as a link on our site too. I am currently 17 weeks and am feeling your pain. I will be thinking of you.