CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 31, 2008

Leila Update

Well, Leila's surgery went well. She had a rough time coming out of anesthesia, about 2 hours of uncontrollable crying, thrashing, basically hating us and the entire world. Once she calmed down we had a LONG night at the hospital. None of us could sleep well, so we ended up coming home at 4:00am.
The last few days she has been cranky, sore and tired. All of which are completely understandable. After today, the surgeon says she should be on a uphill swing, so we are keeping our fingers crossed.
Below are some pictures before the surgery. It was too hectic to get pictures at the hospital after the surgery, plus I am pretty sure that we all looked completely haggard!
I am very glad this is all over with. I do have to give a shout out to Brian. He has been AMAZING throughout this whole process. I couldn't have done it without him.


This is when we first arrived at the hospital. she thought her new jammies were pretty cool.



The pre-op waiting room was pretty cool. She loved all the cool toys.



This cute nurse (aka..child life specialists) came over to help "calm" Leila. Leila was already very calm, so they just played dolls!



Leila had just received her "happy drink" to relax her. All the kids are pulled around in these cute wagons. She thought that was pretty cool, even though she was on her way to the OR. She had no problem saying good-bye to us. She was pretty out of it by that point.

6 comments:

estinger said...

Poor Leila and poor mom...that has got to be the WORST! I'm glad she's ok and hopefully things get better. OtterPops are the BEST!

Laura said...

I'm glad Leila is getting better. That had to be so hard!

KT said...

Why did she have her tonsils out so young? I had them out in 4th grade and I remember it hurting so bad when i ate solid foods the first time.

Jill Taylor said...

Leave it to Leila to look so darn cute just before surgery! I loved those wagons, great idea, but Andie didn't get one. Probably because she was too young and would've jumped out of it. I wish she would've had some happy juice, I think it's hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing when Jason was out of it when he had dental work done. Give Leila hugs for us.

The Barneys said...

I hope things have started to get better. It sounds like it was pretty rough. I do have to say, I love that you gave a "shout out" to your own husband. And, Colter wants to say "Leila get better soon so we can play again.

Emily said...

I hope Leila gets feeling better soon and things get a little easier this week. I may have given you my blog address wrong it is mlehendrickson81.blogspot.com