CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Am I a HORRIBLE mother or what!!!!



Okay, I want to refer you back to the post about when Leila and I visited my mom in Las Vegas over Mother's Day. Leila wanted to play with the slot machines really bad, so I took her over to the security guard and said, "Sir, will you please tell this little girl that she can't play with the slot machines." He very nicely responded, "ohh no, little girls cannot play with the slot machines," to which Leila broke out in tears terrified. It was really sad.
So, since then if we wanted Leila to do something that she didn't want to do she would ask, "what would the policeman say, " to which we would respond, "he would want you to do ____ (whatever we wanted her to do)." This little tactic has worked quite well for us.
So, she started having accidents in her panties about a month ago. Now, I know it is normal for kids to "regress" a bit, especially when a new sibling arrives. However, this wasn't regression. This was Leila not wanting to stay in bed at night, so so forces out a little terd. This was Leila wanting to go home from church so she pees in her panties, you get the picture.
We had several suggestions on how to combat the problem:
- put her back in diapers...she would just take them off
- take away her blankie.....she would wake up in the middle of the night asking for it
- put her in a cold shower to "rinse" her off when she does it...I don't have a cold shower at my disposal for every accident

So, I had this brilliant idea. We told her that we talked with a police officer about her problem and her said that if she does go potty in her panties to call him and he would talk to her. So, our "police man" was my dad. Would you believe that she is so terrified to talk to a police man that in that past week we have only had to call him once!! It worked like a charm. Every time she tells me she has to go potty she'll say, "we don't have to call the police man."

I just hope she isn't terrified of police man the rest of her life.

6 comments:

Campa Family Atlanta said...

That is too funny. I am just waiting to hear what happens when you get pulled over for speeding and that policeman comes up to the car window. You might get off without a ticket just because the cop will feel sorry for Leila screaming in terror.

KT said...

Not horrible, just crafty! Chloe regressed as well for three days she wet her pants almost every time. Then she got a fever and would you know, UTI! I felt so bad because I had been reprimanding her for wetting her pants. :(

LindseyFae* said...

That is too funny! I'm glad it worked!

LaRee said...

That's to funny! Hey I'm glad it's working for you. She is too cute!

fREnCh TrOSt said...

Can I call the "police man" too everytime Brooklyn has an accident?

Deidra said...

She's way too smart if she thinks of having an accident so she can leave church! I love the police man thing, Zack would just run away and not talk on the phone if I tried that!