CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 24, 2008

Vaycay to Canada

Over UEA weekend Brian, Leila and I took Brian's parents to Seattle and Canada as a "thank you" for all the do for us (let us live rent-free, watch our kids every morning while I work, etc). Brian and Suzy are big gardeners and had never been to Victoria, BC home of the AMAZING Butchart Gardens.

We left Isaac at home with my very pregnant sister-in-law and headed out for 5 days. We all missed Isaac a lot, but were very grateful to be able to leave him with someone we completely trust (Thanks Tawn).


The trip went surprisingly well, we only had a few minor mishaps. The first being the first night we were there, we went to bed about 10:20ish, Leila woke up at midnight crying and didn't stop until 3:30am!! She was first complaining about her stomach hurting, then her ear hurting and then she just told us that she didn't know why she was crying and that she couldn't stop. It was pretty sad. To top it off, we had to be at the ferry terminal, that took us to Victoria, by 7:00 am. Needless to say, we were very tired.

Yes, don't we look exhausted ?!?!

The rest of the trip was great. We loved Victoria so much that we extended our stay there and spent the whole trip in BC. We want to move to Victoria, so if any of you want to move to the most beautiful/ friendly place in the world with us, just let us know.

I know I look like a total dork with this hat, but I really do like it. I'll try to take a better picture next time.
We went to this old castle. Brian loved this fireplace, maybe one day babe!
Ohh yes, I did darken my hair.

At the gardens, in the Japanese area.


This was at the garden too, simply amazing.


Yes, Brian's eyes are closed. Love him to death, but it is nearly impossible to get a picture of him with his eyes opened!!!
Leila loved the ducks in front of our hotel in Victoria. The "duck keeper" is known throughout the country, he raises these ducks from little eggs. They follow him everywhere!
I meant to get a picture of Leila with this chandler as it was "the most beautiful light she had ever seen."
That is the Parliament building in the background.


Brian and Leila loved this tree in front of The Empress.

Another cool tree!
The Parliament Building in the day.


7 comments:

LaRee said...

That looks beautiful! You guys are such a cute family!
I miss you guys!

Jill Taylor said...

Love all the pics! We would for sure move there with you. It looks like you had a lot of fun. Your hair looks good! I need to see you in real life.

Myranda, Shaun and Anna said...

Wow, looks georgeous. I guess we will have to plan a trip to BC. I'm glad you guys had fun.

The Ray Family said...

I've decided my thank you for watching Isaac can be taking me on a trip there!! Wow! Looks awesome!

Deidra said...

That looks like fun, I have never been but now think that we will have to go sometime. Nice pictures!

Gomez Family said...

I really like your hair color Samantha! And those gardens are quite impressive as well! :)

Hansen Family said...

We love Victoria it is so beautiful there. Looks like you had a blast!